Sunday, January 17, 2010

HELLO 2010. TOOK A YEAR FOR YOU TO GET HERE.

"And the award for the Most Tardy Blogger goes to......Urooba of Under Urooba's Umbrella!"
 "Ohmygoodygosh...I feel absolutely elated for even being considered for this revered title! There are many I'd like to thank--but who I could not have achieved this without, would be.....School! More specifically, my close friends: Homework, Stress, and Exams-Tests! I'd like to call 'em up on stage..."

So yeah. It's been ~3 weeks since I've blogged and I'm feeling the *void*.
Many times in the past 3 weeks, I've thought of sitting down to do a post, but my bulging backpack would get all tenacious, make me feel guilty, etc. Of course, then, countless hours of facebooking, staring at myself in the mirror, etc. would follow. So it's not like I've been productive. I should be. SHOULD BE. SOOO SHOULD BE.

Anyways!

So, 2009 is over! Happy 2014, internetlings!

MY 2009 (you can skip reading this; it's just the literary version of my thoughts):
  • discovered who my closest/real friends were (aww)
  • watched 3 Idiots and decided it was my favourite bollywood movie
  • was in my first "production"
  • felt good praying "taraweeh" at the mosque during Ramadan
  • been the most stressed I've EVER been
  • danced in the rain
  • SPLASHED in rain puddles
  • stayed up till 8 am
  • consistently status-updated potentially embarrassing things on facebook
  • got my first C on a quiz (ow)
  • chatted with a 40 year-old-stranger-who-was-in-love-with-a-23-year-old for 2 hours on the plane ride home form L.A. this summer
  • became increasingly active on MSN
  • had amazing, amazing times with The Clan
  • considered a career other than one in the Sciences (gasp)
  • stopped watching gossip girl, one tree hill, the hills, the city...T.V. in general
  • been awkward in public (duh)
  • met a gajillion new people
  • applied for my first scholarship
  • discovered my strong dislike for chemistry
  • complained excessively about: the future, careers, classes, school....(ongoing)
  • saved a shell from Laguna Beach
  • discovered how amazingly and superbly delicious artichoke dip is
  • yelled at my printer
  • got my first 'N' on my report card (read: Needs improvement; for work habits)
  • HAD THE MOST FORMIDABLE, SENSATIONAL SURPRISE PARTY THROWN FROM The Clan DURING WHICH I WAS VERY, VERY SURPRISED
  • discovered I liked slam peotry
  • found out the word "whom" is pronounced like 'hoom' and not 'vom'
  • had my second crush of life (teehee)
  • got over my second crush of life (teehee)
  • went thrifting! --and scored some major swag
  •  didn't sleep before 11 pm ~nocturnal~
  • TOOK NAPS during DAYTIME for goodness' sake!
  • find out Sacramento still has nice weather in October
  • witnessed/attended a beautiful wedding of my half-filipino-half-pakistani cousin to a polish women (P-cubed, ftw!)
  • had my strong dislike for the only person who I really strongly dislike, intensify
  • wasted the most time I've ever wasted
  • got shut out of calculus class
  • stole a pillow from a hotel (teehee)
  • discovered my intense love for all things fashion-related
  • started reading fashion blogs
  • got addicted to reading fashion blogs
  • thought of starting my own fashion blog
  • started my own "fashion" blog --->you should really check it out, it's called Under Urooba's Umbrella ;)
Okay, that's enough.  Pheeew.

You, readers (any regulars? lol) now deserve an outfit post after that lengthy written section.
Here goes, buckle up.

 
Dang. Modelling as a future career? Ha!



 
MY BABIES. And yup, the same ones I wore HERE!
 
                                                                   ON ME:
  • that same 'ole metallic scarf
  • white jeans: urban planet? $7
  • MY BABIES: Ross, $5
  • metallic blue shirt: lucky thrift find!, $4
  • necklace: Suzy Shier, $2.50
  • mini backpack: Tommy Hilfiger
It's 4AM. Gotta go do some calculus! Ciao bellas!


16 comments:

Kristiana Vasarina said...

OMG i love your accessories! <3

Sonya said...

You're so funny, I love it!
Love the shirt as well!

www.sonyasark.blogspot.com

Yulia Rahmawati said...

wow
u are so shiny deaaar

love ur shoes

Nubiasnonsense said...

I like the lucky thrift top =)

Neelam said...

You are hilarious :D Love the sparkly outfit lol. and 3 idiots was a funnyyy movie lol i rarely watch Bollywood movies these daysss xx

(always)alanna said...

ahh i totally know what you mean about school; but dont stress
lovee the shiny shoes!
xx
and gorgeouss blogg! will definitely be stopping by to visit again SOON!

szela said...

naps during the day time is GREAT. i love doing that. =D

love your metallic scarf!

deleted said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
deleted said...

nice shoes doll.

Love,
Peace,
and Chicken Grease,

-The Bad Girl of Fashion, Tita
www.fashioninurface.tk

Guiltyhyena said...

I definitely yelled at my printer too many times!

Lions, Tigers and Fashion OH MY! said...

love this look, so pretty! xoxo

Lexy @ QUIRKY EXPLOSION said...

Hey girl. Happy (belated) 2010! Haha. I read your list. I liked it. Especially the part about getting an "N." I've never heard of getting N's until now. LEARN SOMETHING NEW EACH DAY!

And your shoes are flyyy. (And for the record, I never say fly.)

quirkyexplosion.blogspot.com

street angel said...

Great outfit..I love your jewelry!

Unknown said...

i love your shoes and accessories!!! girl, you got great style!!!

xx,
betz
http://herarmoire.blogspot.com

B a la Moda said...

WOW! You ahve a long list of thing to do. I love your look. Specially you BABIES. Ross was my family´s best store when they came to the USA. :)

xoxo
B* a la Moda

Unknown said...

You look great getting your shine on!! I loved reading about your self discovery in 2009..:) Hope your enjoying 2010 so far!