Monday, October 11, 2010

Fairytale!

Once upon a time, there lived a damsel who was neither in distress, or stress (alhamdulillah!).
She did not need to be rescued, ergo, she wasn't distressed. She wasn't stressed either because her midterms had already been written and were done with. She had not had many. Also, she very much enjoyed her classes, and so it seldom felt like studying. Still, this damsel (in this dress), fell victim to procrastination; it was an innate quality of hers, she would soon have to accept this fact. As a new fashion intern at candorstyles.com, she was still procrastinating of her duties...as well as with blogging!
One day, she put her beautiful-blue-leopard-print-wedges-clad feet down...and decided to hold a photoshoot. Of an outfit that she had worn 2 months ago, but still. The point was she had worn it. Why couldn't anyone understand that!? The damsel was now starting to feel distressed. Enlisting the help of her medival wept-sister (meaning, her sister wept a lot and was deemed medival due to her primal ways of acting), she set out to takes photos of her outfit. And lived happily ever after. The End.

Uh, 'kay. Best worst fairtyale ever?! Am I right or am I right? :D

who what wear? 
  • vintage dress, $1, jet rag 
  • faux-leather tights, $5, silence + noise, urban behaviour 
  • blue-leopard-print wedges, $6, ross
Now that is a damsel in distress pose-shmose.
There are two things you should note blogosphere. Two egotistical things you should note ;).
2. My 1-year-blog-aversary is coming up on Nov.15th. 
YOU have the power to reach my follower count to 100.
YOU also have the power to buy me a DSLR.
But I won't make you do either of course. ;)

♥♥♥ toodles, mes lovelies!

11 comments:

starcakeastrology.blogspot.com said...

i love these photos bellissima! you have great style!

k said...

i love your photoshoot! best fairytale ever! :)

hijabi hippie hypo said...

i LOVE the dress :))))

Aisha said...

urooba you have such a gorgeous smile masha'Allah =)

[[[ x Smiley x ]]] said...

You look gorgeous!
and OMG i love love love those wedges!

Mina said...

urooba i'm dying of jelousy over your outfit once again. we never went vintage shopping. cant u take me please? i need to shop with a master at vintage to really learn how to put amazing outfits together like this.
xoxo
mina

Andrea said...

That was a great fairytale, actually. I never really liked all those Cinderella-type fairytales. I mean, why didn't she just come back for the stupid shoe? Speaking of shoes, I really like yours :)
And, my birthday is on 24. October too! :D I never met anyone who had their bitrhday on the same date as me and this is really exciting. I knew there was something special about you :D

Also, thank you for your comment, it really meant a lot to me. I like the 'feeling' of your blog too, even though it does take me a while to comment. But as a fellow procrastinator, you probably understand :)

jungleworldcitizen said...

I like the Fairy Tale, I'm actually a sucker for Fairy Tales and will listen (or read) each and every one that cross my way :)
Photoshoot wins ;)
Have a lovely weekend!


http://jungleworldcitizen.blogspot.com/

jungleworldcitizen said...

I meant "Have a lovely week", that's what happens when you HAVE to speak 5 languages but can barely figure one and it also happens when you're blogging at 1 in the morning and have to get up at 4:30...

:D

Katiuscia said...

love that purse and your dress is soooo beautiful!!!

Hijabs and Co said...

cute mashallah