Sunday, October 3, 2010

♥ English 110 is less than a desirable course, but without it, one would not be inclined to run into such lovely and euphonic quotes such as these.

"I protest that so awful was the transition from the damned crocodile, and the other unutterable monsters and abortions of my dreams, to the sight of innocent human natures and of infancy, that in the mighty and sudden revulsion of my mind, I wept, and could not forbear it, as I kissed their faces."
                                                         --Tom De Quincy, "Confessions of an Opium Eater" (1821)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

English 110 was fantastic!! Are you taking 112 too? That's a good one too. Depends who your prof is though I think, they all teach it differently.
Hope UBC is treating you well :)

Madiha