Tuesday, July 10, 2012

One Vest, Two Sunshine Rays

Snaked my way through town
The sun hissed its rays on my skin

Clouded me with colour
with nary a cloud in sight

Eventually found the steps to the *Temple
in light of
capitalistic hallelujah.

^An ode to my recent beloved splurge on the most exquisite vest that has ever graced my upper body region. (*Bought at a vintage store fave, Temple of the Modern Girl).

Here I wear it two ways, on two different days, celebrating the anniversaries of the first cognizance of two dear comrades' existence (their birthdays). 

1.
 
who what wear?
  • blue print dress: $1, YWCA thrift store (I volunteer there every other Friday; drop by Vancouver peepz! Proceeds go to a great cause. 4399 Main st.)
  • 3-toned heels: thrifted, ~$3
  • blue scarf: F as in Frank vintage sale, < $2
  • vest of the outfit (ha ha): Temple of the Modern Girl, $12

2. 

who what wear?
  • shimmer-y gold shirt: $6, Salvation Army
  • tie-dye print wedges: $10, Ross
  • blue scarf: F as in Frank vintage sale, < $2
  • vest of the outfit: Temple of the Modern Girl, $12

^I love these comfortable darlings. I have vowed not to compromise my feet's comfort in exchange for aesthetic appeal. No.matter.how.difficult.that.will.be.

& this is how I am adorning myself in these *YOLO-y days of summer...

*(an adjective!? Drake, you are an abomination!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG I NEED TO GO THRIFTING STATTTTTTTTTT

Anonymous said...

Salam, rainbow!

Fantastic colours; I also like vests.

Take a look at the pictures on my blog of egyptian fashion.
I`m waiting for your comment, too.

Kisses,
Denise.