Saturday, August 14, 2010

This is what's happening under my umbrella.

All this free time (the summer, I mean) has given me the chance to do a lot of thinking. It seems that in the past year, with the suffocation of academia in my senior year of highschool, I forgot how to...think. But anyways, this would be a whole 'nother post--rather, several posts.

Some business to take care of, first!
1. I've been featured again! I mean, you know, whatever, this sort of thing happens all the time, so like, whatever.
AHCJDKJ!
Nope.
I can't portray the nonchalance of other bloggers who oh-so-casually mention near the end of their post that oh! "oh yeah, I've been featured on Big Deal Magzine" or "I have an interview with Really Popular National T.V. Station". AND HONEY, frankly, I don't do nonchalance! (Doesn't really fit in with the whole 'maximalist' thing, 'n'awwww mean!?) But anyways, this time it was on another cool blog called MuslimStreetFashion! It even sounds super swell, right? Obviously, I follow it! Go check it out, y'all, HERE!

2. Hey, my fellow female Muslim followers! Have you signed up for SistersWhoBlog Network yet!? It's a social networking site for female Muslim bloggers. It's got HEAPS of benefits. So take a look for yourself and join! GO HERE GO HERE GO HERE GO HERE!
And, if you join because you heard it from me...do let me know! (I need to recruit five people for the SWB awards.) Speaking of which, if you like Under Urooba's Umbrella...please vote for me! Put your name on the voting list...HERE! Thanks, guys!

3. I've going to be adding a spiffy new feature to UUU. I call it: Best Comment of the Post.
It'll look something like this:
 Best Comment of the Post:                                                                                                         
Sheila from Sheila'sBlog said: "Whoa, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, radical, blah blah blah!"
It's to encourage creative and engaging comments! As a 'word person', this makes sense, no? I got the idea from Adored Austin's blog! Well, here's to hoping I don't get lazy and actually keep this up.

Goodbye lovers! + outfit post soon! WAHOOOOO.

5 comments:

Mademoiselle Ruta said...

Congrats on being featured! Whenever I get an award or an email from a reader it's such a nice feeling.

Mama Fury said...

Aw yay, I love Delina's blog! I was featured on it too when she first started it haha.
Totally enjoying reading your blog, by the way!

k said...

congrats on your feature! i like your comment idea, it's funny - the frisky does that also and i love reading their 'winners' :)

Anonymous said...

woohoo u r frm BC :D thats sooo cool ... first time i found a blogger frm bc :D

keep writing n congratulate for being featured :D

Anonymous said...

Thats so COOL!!!! Hmmmmm.....popular girl!!!!