Nevertheless, a very generic Happy New Year's to you all! *!!!insert hyperbolized excitement!!!*
I should specify, however.
'You all' includes: my lovely 137 google friend connect followers, my lovely 248 Twitter followers, the 147 people on Facebook that 'like' UUU, and my 10 followers on bloglovin'.
Oh, did I forget real life friends and family? Well, you can't blame me. I live in a digital era.
Anyways, best way to start 2011? It's by receiving an award. Seriously. Beats any institutionalized New Year's Eve rituals by tenfolds. After 1 year and 1 month and 8 days of blogging (!!! more hyperbolized excitement!!!) I have received my first blog award.
The honour of the 'Stylish Blog Award' was bestowed upon me by none other than the lovely Prahmahita (what a cool name, eh?) from Growth and Glare!
Be sure to check out her portion of cyberspace! Rules of the award as follows:
1. thank and link the person who awarded me this award.
2. share 5 things about myself.
3. pay it forward to 5 bloggers.
4. contact these bloggers and tell them about their awards.
I love me some good 'ol blogger-to-blogger love. *coughs* Makes me and my computer feel all warm inside.
Screw sharing 5 things about myself, I'll follow an Under Urooba's Umbrella tradition: procreate a literary version of my thoughts, and reflect back on the year two-thousand-and-twenty-ten just like last year.
2010 was the year I:
- developed some new interests: psychology, aspects of sociology, politics, feminism and current events. I hope to bring these aspects onto l'il 'ol UUU in 2011, so stay tuned!
- graduated from high school. Is an explanation really necessary?
- attended "prom" >> The Prom Post
- wrote my first and last AP exam and rocked it so much that I may just go in for an IQ test. Kidding! However, I did rock it. ;)
- Got an internship at www.candorstyles.com.Go on, don't be shy; read my articles!
- had cravings for cheesecake at odd hours of the day. My circadian rhythm needs...to adopt new rhythm.
- My love for wearing old clothes (read: thrifting) reached an all-time maximum: my closet is now NINE-TY PERCENT vintage and/or thrifted.
- My parents decided I should no longer live like it's 1987 and so I finally received my own mobile cellular device.
- Tweeted more times than I've let out long sighs. Or perhaps I've let out long sighs fewer times because I've been able to tweet?
- The Olympics came to Vancouver! That was a party-and-a-half.
- When my birthday rolled around in October, I decided that as a new, mature, sophisticated and labyrinthine 18-year-old I would like to have more birthdays. Why? Because studies show that the more you have, the longer you'll live. Well I'll be!
- I discovered that the lovely thing about going to school with 40,000 other homosapiens is that one experiences mildly-astonishing revelations on a near daily basis. One conversation went a little like this...
Me:.."So you're one of 'em nomads, eh? And hehehe,..you're not serious, right? What're you doing in university then? hehehe.
Exotic Dude: "I want to be an educated fisherman".
- I've thought of writing a book called "Woes of a Commuter Student Looking to Become an Ex
One." In the past 4 months I have spent more time on public transportation than with my own self.
- I'm also continuously refreshing my relationship with God and am striving to become a better Muslim everyday. :)
8 lovely bloggers I'd like to pass this award onto include:
1. Lexy from Quirky Explosion
2. Shahirah from Colours of my Life
3. Shea from My Amethyst
4. Em from Modesty Theory(founder of Hijabi fashion Week!)
5. Zinah from well, Zinah's blog. :)
Check out their blogs; well worth your time!
See y'all next year! xoxo