DATE NIGHT! =D
With hubbies, of course; th'as how we do it halaaaal, yo. ;)
I'm not 100% sure if the other ladies participating in HFW are of age, as in, have husbands...but from perusing their blogs, most of 'em are young! Still, there are a few that do have significant others, so when you look at their outfits...keep in mind it may be a Real Date Outfit, gasp! :)
*Hey future soul mate: when Hijabi Fashion Week rolls around 6, 7, 8 years from now inshah'allah (as HFW will be an annual thing!) you better be willing to guest star on Under Urooba's Umbrella, during the themed day of Date Night.
Yeah? Yeah!? Yeah! You really will be my soul mate then! ;)
Date Nights[/Days] That Would Be Incredibly Joyous For Me:
- la classique: dinner + movie; YUMMY dinner + GOOD movie
- moonlit walks on the beach (cue the awwwwwwwwwws) I LOVE MOONLIGHT.
- picnic on the beach, witnessing a sunset
- day at an amusement park!
- going to a cafe for some overpriced, caffeinated drinks and not only watching but participating in a slam poetry fest on a rainy sunday evening <3
- cliched candle-lit dinner at home; meal cooked together!
- 6 AM hike, up a mountain (I don't really do physical activity, but I'll make an exception ;))
- camping together!
- reading the dictionary together--I kid, I kid! (Sort of. No wait, I do! I do! Ish.)
- And, you know, a day spent vintage shopping with his credit card has got to be a good day! ;)
Here's what I'd wear (well, I wouldn't wear it to all the aforementioned activities. Read: hike up a mountain!):
who what wear?
- black shiny blazer: $7, Salvation Army
- kick-arse booty heels: $5, random thrift store
- CRAZY-wonderful-but-not-depictable-in-this-way-with-my-crapola-pictures-80's-discotheque-shiny dress: no clue, but it's vintage ofc!
- necklace: Aldo, $10
To see how other hijabulous ladies dress up for Date Night *wink wink*, click HERE HERE HERE!
See you tomorrow! For the laaaaaast day of HFW! :O